Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

Aubergine, Pepper salad


I'm sitting at the airport at the moment and wondering how things have changed, how life has moved on and even what I enjoy has changed. The term salad used to evoke a sense of something you had to do in order to get to the good stuff or something that only herbivores would eat. It also evoked feelings of annoyance because it was coupled with diet and suffering and those crappy glomail adverts.

As I embarked on my life-style change, I started looking at some vegetables/fruit differently and after I went to Morocco and tasted some of the most amazing salads without a leaf in site. The other thing is that I also went through a stage where I could not eat any more meat, so I just felt like eating vegetables only.

I usually post pictures of some of my dishes on Instagram. My follower's on that platform would request a recipe to the salad. I found this request weird because you just put stuff together and voila salad! but I changed my thinking to realise this is like making any other dish and the salad is the end result.

This post is the start of a departure from the "main-course" type meals that I have been blogging so far. I do not have a step by step picture account but with a salad one picture is enough to convey the idea.

I hope you enjoy the directional change.

Ingredients
1 large aubergine
1 yellow bell pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Avocado
2 Tbsp feta
10cm long piece of cucumber
Pepper

Method
Dice aubergine and yellow bell pepper, mix with olive oil and place in air-fryer for 30mins
Turn/mix the aubergine/pepper once after 20mins in air-fryer
Remove aubergine/pepper and let cool (15mins)
Dice up avocado and cucumber and place on aubergine/pepper
Sprinkle feta
Grind some black pepper and add additional olive oil for taste

Enjoy!

Please give feedback if you tried and enjoyed the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment