Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

Eggs......Really!


The post shall be about a generally accepted breakfast dish.....eggs, but with some additional joys of the natural food realm. I believe eggs are easy enough to make and doesn't necessarily warrant a recipe post, but after seeing the amount of popularity that these pictures generate on Instagram, I have decided to post a methodology on an egg variation.

You might notice that I refrained from calling this post a recipe in the latter half of the first paragraph and that is because it does not take rocket science or culinary mystic to prepare an egg.......Rocky "cracked" raw eggs to any number of cooked variations i.e. poached, fried, boiled.....or just add heat and eat. "Heat and eat" the breakfast version of "shake and bake".....too much?

What I enjoy about preparing eggs is that I generally use fresh ingredients, which I am fortunate enough to source from the actual farmer and not the painted effigy at the local convenience store.

For this recipe, I use red onions which imparts a sweetie acidity to the meal and Pomodoro tomatoes, which should be the star of a bolognaise but compliment the onions soo well, and holistically the taste is very good. The small difference is that it usually takes me about 45mins to prepare an egg dish because I like the flavours to slow cook together so that the taste is an amalgam of glorious natural flavours.

At this point I should also mention that the eggs I source are of such great quality that you require a little bit of elbow grease to break the shell, the Yoke is a rich texture of colour and the natural flavour is glorious. I believe the chickens that lay (not slay) these golden nuggets still live in trees.

Ingredients
1Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Green chillies
1 Chopped Medium Red Onion
1 handful of chopped cold meat
2 Medium Chopped Pomodoro tomatoes
3 Tbsp crumpled Feta
4 Organic Eggs
1 tsp pepper

Method
Place coconut oil, onions and chillies in pan on low heat (33% of full heat)
Wait until onions become soft, then add chopped cold meat
Wait until cold meat becomes crispy on edges then, add chopped Pomodoro tomatoes
Wait until tomatoes lose shape, become soft and give off liquid
mix soft tomatoes into onions and break eggs into mixture, add Feta and pepper
Wait until the eggs are cooked to your likeliness

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment