Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

It has Begun......2015!

This is the first post of a very unaccomplished blogger who, after messing up, the first blog, masalatjol, has moved on to another clear canvas at the start of the year 2015. What I hope to achieve with this blog is to freely impart knowledge that I have gained over the past couple of years and ultimately see how this blog can make money. "Free" and "make money" in the same sentence, yeah I would be skeptical and I hope my new readers will call me to task on that item. More importantly this blogger would like to move from the realm of unaccomplished to mildly competent, not very ambitious you might think but if I attach a time frame say, by the end of the year ,then it becomes more realistic.

Lets begin with the name rustic blend, the name would elude to something related to coffee and you would be right, partly. Rustic related to something rural or of the country side and blend is a mix of various items. Rustic in this case is the do it yourself mentality that I have developed and with much time and money spent, I have acquired some knowledge. This is what I intend to impart freely. Blend is a mix of both modern and old world living and my various interests. In a word Life Hack, where I take apart various interests of my life and create a make-a-plan or do-it-yourself option.

My interests that shall be addressed in the blog are as follows:

Fitness 

  • training regime
  • Sporting Goals
  • Natural methods (eating and training)

Cooking 

  • using various apparatus (air fryer, potjie, tagine)
  • Making up new recipes


Traveling 

  • visiting places in and around where I stay and traveling the world
  • Modes of transport, accommodation, plans, experiences

Start at Kaapsehoop marathon





Kult Chicken Potjie Roast

Braaied Butternut and onion












































Berlin Falls, Panorama route Mpumalanga














































































Do it yourself 

  • Creating and drawing up products for problems I have encountered at home


DIY Biltong Maker

Hot beverages 

  • tea and coffee (sources, make you owe, understanding flavors and venues)


French press and coffee grinder






































My writing is not very good and my pictures are average but I hope to share my passion for my interests with everybody and hope that this is useful.

At this early stage of the blog I am still feeling out the process but these random thought and psychology posts shall be transferred to a Sunday. Seems like a good random autocratic move.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I for one will certainly follow your endeavors with interest.

    ReplyDelete