Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

"Fireball" Roast chicken pieces and "white" sauce


I'm a person of Indian origin but I cannot eat "hot" food, (from a spicy perspective). The term "fireball" reminds of the type of bubble gum I used to eat when I was younger, it had a very cinnamony flavor but also had quite abit of heat. Rest assured this recipe has that cinnamon type flavor without the burn.

The "white" sauce is also not in the traditional sense, there is no flour used in the prep of the sauce. It is quite healthy in terms of a natural foodie perspective.

Chicken breasts are really quite difficult to cook. I hate the fillet option purely because of  the way it is cut, moisture is not maintained in the piece. Hence I have developed a couple of options to ensure that the breast piece that is cooked comes out tender and full of flavor. The options are as follows:

  • Ensure that the chicken piece is still attached to the bone
  • Ensure that the chicken piece still has skin on it
  • Cook the chicken piece at low temperatures
  • Sear the chicken piece if you need to cook at higher temperature
  • Place the pieces in pot that is slightly larger(in terms of size) than what you want to cook, that way evaporation is limited
I'm hesitant to use the term rules, because you cook with feeling and rules just muck up the fun. This in no way shows that I support the black caps because I used the word muck. 


Sometimes you require fillet pieces, like a thai sauce, in that case the wok shape is very helpful.

On to the recipe!!!

Ingredients
1 stick cinnamon
1 tsp pepper corns
1 tsp salt
3 cardamom
3 cloves
3 breast pieces chicken (any pieces would work really)
1 Tbsp butter (melted)
1 onion (sliced)
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp garlic
5 Tbsp Greek Yogurt

Method
Grind cinnamon, pepper corns, salt, cardamon, cloves into a powder
Marinate chicken in powder, ensure to place some spice between chicken and skin
In a shallow oven dish with lid, place and layer, butter, onions, ginger, garlic and marinated chicken
Insert dish into the oven
Switch oven onto 150 degree C for 45 mins (I prefer 100 degree C for 1 hr 15 min, so I can get in a run)
Once chicken is cooked, remove chicken and plate
Add yogurt to the remaining contents of shallow dish, mix and serve this "white" sauce

Please give me feedback when you'll try the recipe

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment