Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Vegetable "Lasagna"


I'm sure you might have guessed by the use of quotation marks that this is not a true Lasagna, in fact this is more a bake recipe. I've never really been a fan of lasagna, if I was going to indulge in a carb it might as well be a briyani!

The reason I decided to name this dish a lasagna is because when I visited Italian restaurants, my fellow patrons would order a pasta based dish or pizza and I would have some sort of veg bake. This dish is similar to a veg bake but is oh soo good and not that difficult to eat.

The other issue is that I do not consider a pasta a natural food, obviously its made with flour, its like limp bread when cooked.

Ingredients
1 onion, diced
1 yellow or red pepper (bell type), diced
1 spring rosemary
2 cardamon
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 clove garlic smashed and sliced
2 cups mushrooms sliced
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup cheese

Method
Place pot on stove with slow heat 20% of total stove rating
Place oil, onion, pepper, rosemary, cardamon, salt and garlic into pot
Cook until onion is "soft/glazy"
Add mushroom and cook until flavor smell is strong
Add Greek yogurt and just mix until yogurt warms up but does not cuddle
Pour mixture into baking tin and layer cheese on that (dishes, I simply do like that)
Insert in oven on grill for 10 mins or when there is a crispy layer of cheese on top
Remove, serve and enjoy






Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment